Dear Parents and Guardians,
A few weeks ago I sent home a notice to inform you that we were going to be changing our pick-up and drop off procedures. I appreciate everyone’s understanding in reference to this change in our practice. Well, after some additional reflection, as a district we will be implementing additional district-wide pick-up and drop-off procedures. These were posted during our recent Parent/Teacher Conferences and now we would like these procedures to take effect immediately. Please read through the pick-up and drop-off procedures below. I have separated the procedures I informed you of in January with those that are to take effect now. The changes in procedure are not complicated, but do minimally inconvenience parents as compared to how we have conducted our pick-up and drop-off procedures in the past. I appreciate everyone’s understanding in reference to these changes, and I don’t foresee these procedures being very disruptive to our parents’ and visitors’ busy schedules.
Recent Changes to Pick-Up and Drop-Off Procedures at Serena Grade School
Changes made in January:
1. We will no longer have students wait outside in line at the beginning of the school day and enter as a group. All students will enter the school as they arrive.
2. Parents and guardians are expected to drop off their students at the beginning of the day outside the school unless they have a meeting with faculty or administration. In such a case, parents are to sign in and wait in the office.
3. When a parent or guardian comes to school to pick up their child during the school day they are required to enter the office, sign in and wait for their child to arrive in the office.
4. Parents waiting at the end of the day to take their child home, need to wait outside for their child to leave the school.
Additional changes made as of February 19th:
5. All visitors are to enter the school building at its main entrance and report to the office to sign in if you have reason to remain in the building.
6. Those visitors that have reason to remain in the building (i.e. class parties, IEP meetings, meetings with staff or administration, those visiting classrooms/ doing presentations, performing assemblies, etc.) need to wear a visitor's badge during their stay and check out in the office when they leave.
7. Individuals allowed on school grounds for maintenance and or to perform another type of service should report to the school office to receive a visitors badge or receive a visitors badge from their District Contact person.
After you have read through the procedures, please feel free to contact the school with any questions you might have.
Serena Grade School Principal